Thursday, April 16, 2009

A wide array of things

Here are some photos of foods I've previously made but haven't updated on. There's so much I haven't taken photos of =[ like that amazing roast chicken and rice paper rolls I made last night. Oh well...Here


Panna Cotta:
A custard-flan-like dessert that's very popular in Italy. It's basically a cream-pudding (cream & sugar boiled down w/ gelatin). I squizzled some chocolate sauce over the top for decoration and as an added flavor.



Mini-savories:
I think we all made these at some point in home-economics class but I was craving them so I decided to pull out Mrs. Smiley's old tricks haha.
These are made w/ 3-yo Vermont Cheddar, fresh ovaline mozzarella (cubed), eggs, diced bacon, thinly sliced spring onions, seasoned w/ salt and pepper. I didn't use bread for the crust of this batch (but I did for the 2nd batch and they came out lovely), for these half doz. I used a pre-rolled pie pastry.



Chocolate Oreo Mice:

Monika's mum had us make these for Christmas and I think I'll be making them again as decoration on the oreo-pie I'm making for Greg's birthday next Thursday. These are surprisingly easy: a maraschino cherry dipped in chocolate, placed on half a double-stuffed oreo, cement the almond slices and a hershey's kiss on the body before the chocolate solidifies and dot a couple of eyes (I'm using white-icing for mine so the mice don't look as evil)



Cream-cheese swirled brownies:

Okay, so I really cheated with this one. I used brownie from a box (but they're really good!).
Follow instructions on the box of brownies and pour the batter into a pan. For the cream cheese swirl, whip together 1 tub (8 oz.) of cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Pour into the mixture in criss-cross rows and swirl with a fork (I used a chopstick).

2 comments:

DarkVixen said...

haha silly girl, you confused me with the photos in the wrong places XD the swirls on the brownie looks amazing D: i wanna eaaaaat it D: D: D:

Cookie said...

Yeah, in the muffin post I said I screwed it up coz I forgot to upload the pictures the right way... eh...