Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chicken Soup

This is a classic favorite of mine and since I had made a roast chicken the night before, I had left-over meat and the bones so I decided to make a soup.


Ingredients:
1 Roast chicken (or you can just use chicken breast and chicken stock)
2 large carrots diced (I used 1/2 bag of baby carrots)
4 stalks of celery chopped (I used 1/2 tub of aqua-pac celery - it's just pre-washed and cut celery in a tub of water lol)
4 cups of thin egg noodles
salt, pepper & spices to season

Method:
1. Bring chicken stock to boil and add in cubed chicken breast (I made my own stock from the chicken bones and roast onions from the night before and just brought that to the boil and then simmered for three hours and then removed the solids from the soup and threw in leftover cubed meat). Season as desired (I used nature's seasoning, salt, pepper, Italian spices)
2. Once boiling again, throw in carrots and celery.
3. Bring to boil before adding the noodles.
4. Keep at medium heat for 20 mins (or until noodles are at desired tenderness).
5. Serve =] garnish w/ some parsley

No comments: