Err... the formatting for that last post didn't work out quite like I meant it to. Oh well, too lazy to fix that now.
Here are the most wonderful muffins I have made to date, they are so moist and yummy =]
Ingredients: (Makes 12 muffins)
3 mashed bananas (over-ripe and half browned ones are the best)
2 cups regular flour
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar (you can use 1/2 - 1 cup depending on how you like your muffins)
1/8 tsp salt (a pinch)
1 egg
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp warm water
Optional: 1/4 cup rolled oats & 12 walnut pieces for garnish, 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used 1 cup because I like my muffins extra-chocolatey)
Method:
- Turn oven on to 350F.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter (either over a stove or 30 secs in the microwave) and cream together w/ the sugar.
- Slowly beat in the egg to the butter-sugar mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix the baking soda w/ the warm water and then add to dry ingredients (this makes the muffins rise better than if the baking soda was just sifted w/ the dry ingredients)
- Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and blend evenly (Add the chocolate chips in this step if you plan to use them).
- Spoon the mix into a 12-hole muffin pan (prepared w/ butter) and sprinkle a couple of pinches of oats onto each muffin and a walnut if desired.
- Bake for 40 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Wait until okay to handle and twist to remove from the pans.
- Eat. =]

3 comments:
lol is 350F the same as 180C?
you should so write a cookbook!! I love how you've got things like mixing the baking soda with water n stuff XD and like how to melt the butter lmao, cause so many cookbooks assume you know everything XD
haha yeah these are just little things I've picked up along the way =] and I would write a cookbook but I can never stick to the same recipe...
Oh, 350F is basically 176.6666 etc. Celsius, so yeah 180C =]
Post a Comment