Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jasmine Jelly

Ingredients
Result

I originally got an idea to make these jellies from a drama series, they had used chrysanthemum tea to make chrysanthemum jelly but I didn't have any of that on hand nor did I have fresh jasmine/chrysanthemum flowers thus this is the improvised version haha.

Recipe:

1 sachet gelatine (Enough to solidify 1 cup of water)

1 jasmine tea bag

1 1/4 cups boiling water

2 tbsp honey

10 goji berries

Method:

1. Use 1/4 cup of boiling water to soak and revive the goji berries.

2. Make 1 cup of jasmine tea with the boiling water and teabag (leave for about 5 mins - depending on how strong you want the jasmine tea taste)

3. Stir the honey into the tea.

4. Stir in the gelatine til well mixed.

5. Pour the honey-tea-gelatine mixture into molds (to make the flower petals I poured the jelly into chinese soup spoons)

6. Slice the goji berries and place a pinch in each jelly.

7. Allow to set and serve cold =]

They taste delicately sweet and aromatic, I was a bit hesitant about the goji berries at first but they added a nice sour-sweet crunch to the jellies.

4 comments:

L said...

That look so cute and tasty. You're like... so good at improvising stuff :D

DarkVixen said...

so pretty :D

anna said...

what are goji berries?
what could you use instead?

Cookie said...

Goji berries are these chinese berries... they're like a huge hit in Hollywood or whatever at the moment. But they're just a sorta sour-y sweet fruit with small seeds, you could try using dried cranberries instead?
Or they goji berries are only about a dollar a pack at almost any Asian food store. =]
Lee: Thanks haha I wish I had fresh flowers though, it would have made the taste and texture even better!